Archive for the ‘Trends to Rock Now’ Category
You are currently browsing the archives for the Trends to Rock Now category.
You are currently browsing the archives for the Trends to Rock Now category.
Our favorite time of year is here…for us Winter means one thing…blazers, boots and tons of comfy, cozy sweaters! With all of the incredibly tempting knits on the racks right now, we decided to hunt down the best of the necessary sweater purchases. We’ve covered the biggest trends from high fashion to high street and everything in between! Whether you’re up for the splurge or dying for a deal, check out our picks for each of the season’s top categories!
Clockwise from top:
We never, ever, thought we would…but we’re kind of digging the whole party dress with sneaks look. Keep in mind it must be done right to avoid looking like Avril Levigne circa the early years, or worse, Punky Brewster. BUT, if done right, it kind of gives off this “I’m totally cute, edgy and chic but I don’t have to try at all” attitude. The best part is converse, our choice for party dress sneaker, are about 1/10 of the price of a pair of good pumps! Do it up with a leather moto jacket like Leighton Meester for a rocker vibe or a big girly bow a la DKNY for a fun girly flare…and, unlike us, don’t knock it ’till you try it.
The episode of Sex and the City where Carrie was photographed in and then attended her first date with Big in that itty bitty nude slip dress will forever be in our minds and hearts…it is about time that the fashion industry finally realized the unbelievably sexy, simplistic, chic appeal of the color nude. Whether you go scantily clad in head to toe skin tone or simply add a dash of mystery with a single blush colored piece, nude is this season’s (and hopefully next season and the season after that) go to neutral.
We’ve always loved the crisp, classy feel of wearing white from head-to-toe and now that Memorial Day is long gone, despite the chilly, not so summer, feel we’re getting from this crazy weather, we can finally whip out our fave super-chic look, the White Suit! The classic has been updated a million times in a million ways and in 2009 nothing is out of the question…from the super classic style seen at Chanel to Francisco Costa’s futuristic structural version for Calvin Klein, even the celebs are sporting all different variations this season. Try a boyfriend blazer with short shorts or extra wide-leg pants with a shrunken jacket, anyway you slice it, you’ll be cool, comfy and totally dapper this summer in a snow white suit.
We love Stella McCartney & Bamford versions, available at net-a-porter of course!
After months of stressing about getting ready for swimsuit season, we are ecstatic to see that we can breathe a little easier this summer because one-pieces are back with a vengeance…sexier and sultrier than ever before…these suits, with cut-out details, shapely silhouettes and bold prints hide and reveal all the right places! Check out some of our top picks for the upcoming season, everything from basic black tube to back bearing metallic is ready to be snatched up and paired with the perfect short (also back & stronger than ever) just in time for beaching it after twilight in the Hamptons.
In keeping with the crazy 80’s trends taking over the world right now, Neon is clearly the expected accompaniment and is popping up in the most unexpected places, our fave way to rock the trend, Electric Pink! As you search for little ways to add a bit of pop to your spring wardrobe, pay mind to everything from bubblegum to persian rose and all that lie in between. Whether you’re risky enough to go head to toe or just want to dabble in a little magenta fun, hot pink is the new black so figure out a way to integrate it in to your closet quickly.
Clockwise from top: Adam Silk Jumpsuit, Christian Louboutin Paquita Sandals, VPL Swimsuit, Fendi Perforated Leather Skirt, Pierre Hardy Sandal, Timex Digital Waterproof Watch & Alexander McQueen Neon Panel Clutch
These are surely not for the faint of heart, but those who are true fashion risk takers have already been dying to get their hands on, and start merchandising up, a pair of hotpants. We are certainly ready and willing to get the trend on the streets asap…our pick, this little black sequin number from Topshop! Since they are our one stop shop for doing it up in affordable style, day to night, we’ve put together two full looks from the fab store, one to dress ‘em up and the other to dress ‘em down…either way you do it, it’s definitely time to follow in the footsteps of our favorite trend setters: Chloe, Victoria, Carrie Bradshaw of course, and the ultimate final say, the Chanel Runways. If you’re ready to be daring, do it in this must have item, guaranteed to be fab.
Bows are no longer just for little girls, they are all over the runways and popping up on everything from dresses to cargo pants but we think the way to go is exaggerated accessories! Giant bows on top of your cute little head a la the fabulous Miss Minnie Mouse, or an oversized clutch in the same manner…adding these enormous sweet little touches make you feel girly in the boldest, most haute couture way!
This one is for one of our very first loyal, avid readers, the fabulous Lora!
There is no doubt the romper is everywhere this season and on the right person they all look adorable but for many pulling it off with confidence is tough…but with our tips about the romp around, anyone can get it right!
1) If you’re busty on top and petite on the bottom, try styles like this that cinch at the waist with a blouson top half.
2) If you don’t like to follow trends to a T but add your own little spin, try a more unique style that still has that onesie feel like this new wave short-overall. It also shows off the rights spots and offers great coverage for someone who is pear shaped or carries their weight in the middle like so many women.
3) To take a romper from day to night and get a great buy for your investment, try a silk button down like this. During the day wear it closed with flats for a comfy, casual feel & at night pop open the buttons to reveal a lace cami or a splash of neon & obviously doll it up with some crazy amazing spike heels.
4) Curvier women should go with a style like this one that offers a ton of coverage while keeping it chic and sexy and includes striking details like neon lined pockets which will draw eyes to the piece itself. Pockets create an illusion of artificial bulkiness so use them to cover up problem areas and always cinch right at your natural waistline. Also try for a button or snap at the top that can pop open to relieve some pressure on larger chests.
5) For an all around casual, comfort rules all feel, try for a linen or lightweight cotton style with short sleeves and a low waisted drawstring. This style should flatter most and is super relaxed so that you can feel and look great at the same time.
6) If you’re petite all over, go for a tank style that’s high waisted and have fun with prints just because you can.
7) For the broad shouldered, boyish figure, go with a style like this silk, classic tank, drawstring cinched waist with cargo pockets to add a bit of a shapely curve and fall to flatter in all the right places.
The best part is, there’s one for everyone & for the most part they’re cheaper than dresses and you’ll get more use out of them! Time to rock the trend!
Everyone goes dark for the winter, but come spring time, who wants to see merlot nails still? A self-proclaimed signature of mine for two seasons already, people are finally catching on and although I’m normally a little selfish with my signatures, this one has to be shared…Snow White Nails are a must this S/S! All over the Chanel runway (what better expert to follow then Karl Lagerfeld) and popping up on fashionable young celebs, white nails are the only cross between prim & proper and dramatic, make a statement kind of personal details. Plus…white goes with everything and everyone knows my pet peeve about nails clashing with clothes, hence my prior seasons full of white!
The best thing about nail polish, you can easily get away with the cheap stuff, let’s not kid ourselves, they ALL chip…you could go fancy if you want but our #1 pick by far…e.l.f. White Nail Polish, plain & simple, it’s $1.00 and sure does get the job done!